Re: Getting queue table name

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Jan 2007 08:26:04 -0800

On Jan 31, 3:45 pm, "tim" <tragg..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to write a function which, when given a Queue Name, will
> run a select statement on the Queue Table it resides in. Is there a
> standard function in PL/SQL that can be used to get the Queue Table
> name when given the Queue name? Or is there another way I could do
> this?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Tim.

Please check out dba_queues and dba_queue_tables. A working select statement is provided on Metalink, which I just left.

I would recommend always to run
select * from dict where table_name like '%<any Oracle concept>%' as that provides a wealth of information and pointers.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA