Re: Case insensitive search

From: MRCarver <mrcnewGroup_at_charter.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:58:45 -0800

> Even without making the session case insensitive, you can
> always create an index on lower(USER_NAME) and then search
> with a condition like lower(USER_NAME)='monte'

I am justing trying to understand the nuances of the speed differences between a session based search as opposed to a regular expression based search index. I would expect a expression based search to be slower, but is it significant, considering a table of say... a million plus records.

Regards,
Monte Carver Received on Wed Jan 31 2007 - 09:58:45 CST