Re: Case insensitive search

From: <harvinder76_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Jan 2007 07:53:19 -0800

Mladen,

Problem is not that i can't change it at the instance level but it was not taking affect after restarting the instance, anyhow I found the following from oracle docs that means that initialization level have a lower priority and even though we are not setting these parameters as enviroment variables they we get derived from NLS_LANG setting in the registry entry:
Table 3-1 Methods of Setting NLS Parameters and Their Priorities Priority Method
1 (highest)
Explicitly set in SQL functions
2
Set by an ALTER SESSION statement
3
Set as an environment variable
4
Specified in the initialization parameter file 5

Thanks
--Harvinder