Re: Can Anyone Explain ...

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 05:45:26 GMT

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:50:22 -0500, Dereck L. Dietz wrote:

> The I/O throughput problem we've been having is that there are 6 data
> tablespaces, 5 indexes tablespaces and 3 temporary tablespaces (and their
> associated physical files) all on the same drive causing massive waits if
> more than a few people start querying data.

You will have problems with that configuration no matter what do you use to access the database. Is that a RAC system? If it isn't, did anoyne think of things like VxFS, HPFS, UFS, JFS2, Ext3 or NTFS? OK, cross the last one. Oracle 10 can work on a file system happily till it dies from the old age, as determined by the obsolescence administrator.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com