Re: Unique index not being used, up to date stats

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 29 Jan 2007 13:20:12 -0800

On Jan 29, 3:59 pm, "Valentin Minzatu" <valentinminz..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> It looks like you have 3 options:
> 1. open a case with Oracle
> 2. keep replacing statistics with the old values (I know in 10g you
> can lock statistics, but I do not know of any method for doing it in
> 9i)
> 3. use stored outlines

ech, ech, and ech.

:) I know that I should probably start looking into stored outlines, as I'm not familiar with them at all really, other than I know you create and use them.
I am still really new to this dba stuff, and in such, I'm a little afraid of making adjustments to parameters but our opt_ind_cost_adj and opt_ind_caching is still set to default values. In Johnathan Lewis' article he discusses setting these and I think I need to just bite the bullet and experiment. It's hard to do this kind of thing in our development system, as it has no comparable workload and it sits on a machine that is old and has 4X less the number of cpu's. We also are not collecting system statistics. This could be something else that needs to be researched. thanks for the help. Received on Mon Jan 29 2007 - 15:20:12 CST