Re: grant select on x$ table

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Jan 2007 02:49:41 -0800

On Jan 29, 11:37 am, Maxim Demenko <mdeme..._at_arcor.de> wrote:
> Steve Robin schrieb:
>
> > please let me know how to give select priviledge on x$ tables. I am
> > try to give select on x$ktfbhc view to one of user. But I am getting
> > error :
>
> > SQL> grant select on x$ktfbhc to dbcheck;
> > grant select on x$ktfbhc to dbcheck
> > *
> > ERROR at line 1:
> > ORA-02030: can only select from fixed tables/viewsYou may be interested to have a look in Steve Adams Bookhttp://www.amazon.com/Oracle8i-Internal-Services-Latches-Memory/dp/15...
> or read herehttp://examples.oreilly.com/orinternals/readme.html
> for a workaround.
>
> Best regards
>
> Maxim

Right, my bad. :) To sum up: you can't grant SELECT on fixed tables/ views directly, but you can create views on top of them and grant SELECT on these. In this particular case the sequence of actions would be (connected as SYS):

CREATE VIEW X$_KTFBHC AS SELECT * FROM X$KTFBHC; GRANT SELECT ON X$_KTFBHC TO DBCHECK;
CREATE SYNONYM DBCHECK.X$KTFBHC FOR SYS.X$_KTFBHC; Thanks for pointing out my error, Maxim.

Regards,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Mon Jan 29 2007 - 04:49:41 CST