Re: grant select on x$ table

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Jan 2007 23:54:54 -0800

On Jan 29, 8:45 am, "Steve Robin" <ocma..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> please let me know how to give select priviledge on x$ tables. I am
> try to give select on x$ktfbhc view to one of user. But I am getting
> error :
>
> SQL> grant select on x$ktfbhc to dbcheck;
> grant select on x$ktfbhc to dbcheck
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-02030: can only select from fixed tables/views

Can you provide a bit more detail on where you are trying to issue the grant and in which state the database is when you do it? Looks like the database is not open, or it's an ASM instance, which is not a database instance and thus you can't do anything in it but query its fixed views and tables related to ASM and manage disks/diskgroups.

Hth,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Mon Jan 29 2007 - 01:54:54 CST