Newbie help with simple script

From: AS400Help <xxx_at_trillion.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 18:36:39 -0000

I only have a copy of oracle 10 and that has the SPOOL c:\myfile.txt APP command which lets me output text to a file as I run a script. But I want to do the same in lower versions maybe 9 and 8 which dont have the APP command I believe.
So I am running the script below to produce seperate files. Is there a way to do something like this and output to a single file, which will work on any version of Oracle?

Thanks for your help.

set termout on;
PROMPT **1 Version v$version
set termout off;
set linesize 4400
spool C:\OScan1.fil
select * from v$version;
spool off

set termout on;
PROMPT **2 Parameters v$parameter
set termout off;
set linesize 1645
spool C:\OScan2.fil
select name,value,description from v$parameter order by name; spool off

set termout on
PROMPT **3 Users sys.dba_users
set termout off
set linesize 4400
spool C:\OScan3.fil
column user_id justify left;
select * from sys.dba_users;
spool off Received on Sun Jan 28 2007 - 12:36:39 CST