Re: Include File in PL/SQL?

From: <hasta_l3_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Jan 2007 08:40:54 -0800

On 28 jan, 16:28, "Michael42" <melliot..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all you replies.
>
> There are many ways to skin this cat as you all pointed out.
>
> * Place this type info in a table.
> * Pin the table to memory if performance issue.
> * Place it in afilevia DIRECTORY_OBJECT or UTIL_FILE dir.
>
> I guess what you are all implying is THE CONSTRUCT OFINCLUDEFILES IN
> STANDARD PROCEDURES and FUNCTIONS CANNOT BE DONE IN ORACLE 10g. :-)

Actually, you can...

Include files are traditionally handled by a preprocessing step. They usually do not belong to the core language itself - whether C, C++ or PL/SQL.

In the Oracle system, they are available if you compile your code with SQL*Plus. Use DEFINE in the header script file to define your constants, and include the header in the main script files with @ or @@. See "Substitution Variables" and "Nesting scripts" in the SQL*Plus manual.

Hope it helps.