Re: SQL*Net more data from client description

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Jan 2007 10:06:53 -0800

On Jan 26, 12:30 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Steve Howard wrote:
> > When does the server ever *receive* anything?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > SteveWhen you type:
>
> SELECT * FROM dual;
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damor..._at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

Thanks, I guess my attempt at being rhetorical failed :)

My question is, do these definitions make any sense in relation to each other??? Both definitions suggest that all the server does is send "stuff" to the client (other than the wait parameter for "from" which suggests waiting on receipt).

I opened an SR for this as a doc bug, but I thought I would pass it out in case I was not looking at it correctly.

Thanks,

Steve Received on Fri Jan 26 2007 - 12:06:53 CST