Re: Oracle 8.1.7 Solaris Client - LOST!

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 02:55:27 GMT

"John Kimberly" <jkimb_at_kimberlyconsulting.com> wrote in message news:pan.2007.01.23.02.32.53.467774_at_kimberlyconsulting.com...
> All,
>
> Does anyone have a copy of the Oracle 8.1.7 Solaris Client that you
> can point me towards. Our DBA copied the Server install to a local
> HD. Shortly thereafter, he left and the CD's are no where to be
> found.
>
> All I need is the UNIX/Solaris Client.
>
> Any help would be appreciated and THANKS in advance,
>
> Please also reply to: jkimb_at_kimberlyconsulting.com

For 8.1.7.x
I believe the Solaris/Sparc Client is part of the server CD. The Win32 client is on a separate CD.

You should be able to order a pack of CD's from Oracle by using your support CSI.
Download of 9i and 10g is available, have not tried 8i lately, but it might be a download too. Received on Thu Jan 25 2007 - 20:55:27 CST