Re: maximum process exceeds 150

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Jan 2007 06:55:46 -0800

On Jan 24, 5:05 pm, "Tiwkiz" <Tiw..._at_abc.com> wrote:
> Looks like "alter system set processes=2000" is the best opton FOR NOW.
> However, when executing the sql
> ORA-02095: specified initialization parameter cannot be modified
> error generated.
>
> Does anyone know how to execute this sentence? I have to shutdown the oracle
> before
> exeucting this?
>
> Sk

Now, if you shutdown the database, how do expect to connect to the database to issue the command?

This parameter is not dynamically modifiable. Set scope to spfile, the bounce the database:

SQL> alter system set processes=200;
alter system set processes=200

                 *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02095: specified initialization parameter cannot be modified

SQL> alter system set processes=200 scope=spfile;

System altered. Received on Thu Jan 25 2007 - 08:55:46 CST