Re: Windows vs Linux Performance

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:03:00 -0800

Niall Litchfield wrote:

>> For the rest of us there is a real operating system.

> and of course unsubstantiated and unreproducible assertions such as 'on
> linux it is sub second on windows it is 25 second' where the test, the
> hardware and so on are not even cursorily mentioned.

Where? Here:

http://www.psoug.org/source/lab_ll1.jpg
http://www.psoug.org/source/servers1.jpg
http://www.psoug.org/source/mi_lab01.jpg

RedHat Linux AS 4 Update 2
Oracle 10.2.0.1

I have not been able to get Windows to fail-over as cleanly as Linux or Solaris or HP/UX or AIX. If your experience is different I'd like see the configuration and see if I can duplicate it.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington