Re: maximum process exceeds 150

From: bdbafh <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2007 12:24:37 -0800

On Jan 24, 3:22 am, "Shinya Koizumi" <s..._at_k.com> wrote:
> I want to change maximum_process to 2000.( by default 150 )
> I change the ini<sid>.ora but when starts up the computer the
> maximum_processes is still 150?
>
> Why is that?

Are you certain that you want to do that? You did not supply the OS and Oracle database server software version. IIRC, processes occupy slots in the redo log buffer. Do you have any idea how many processes your server would support before exhausting resources such as semaphores or process memory? Are you using pga_aggregate_target with a workarea_policy or AUTO? If not, you'll be in for quite a surprise when the nth + 1 session is attempted to be started by the listener and the listener.log starts writing "internal restriction exceeded" messages.

You may want to consider connection pooling in your app tier.

Or you could just set the parameter in the spfile as described above and maybe no errors will result. 2000 is a nice, big, round number. Why not go for 2048?

-bdbafh Received on Wed Jan 24 2007 - 14:24:37 CST