Re: maximum process exceeds 150

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:02:46 -0800

Shinya Koizumi wrote:
> I want to change maximum_process to 2000.( by default 150 )
> I change the ini<sid>.ora but when starts up the computer the
> maximum_processes is still 150?
>
> Why is that?

Depends on the version and whether an SPFILE is being used.

First what is the version? If 8i or before you are modifying the wrong init.ora.

If 9i or above then run the following:

SQL> show parameter spfile

If there is an spfile in use it will show and you can modify it with the SCOPE=BOTH syntax. If not then try:

SQL> show parameter spfile

which will show the location of the correct init file.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington