Re: Seeking Equivalent of InterBase Domain

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 21:50:18 -0800

hasta_l3_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> you have to repeat the type constraints for every column
> defined with that type. It's a development nigthmare...
>
> Monte, FWIW we are using SQL*Plus DEFINE ...
>
> --- Raoul

Possibly but not necessarily. Types have type bodies that contain methods. What is it that you would want to do, or the OP wants to do, that could not be defined in a type body.

I'm not going to say that a method is or is not going to do the job. But I'd sure like to see a substantive example of what is being asked to see if it is or is not the case before just agreeing that a domain can do something that can not be done in Oracle.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington