Re: how to scan text in column and use to join to another table

From: D <email0203_at_comcast.net>
Date: 22 Jan 2007 11:23:32 -0800

Thanks to both of you for your responses. It's not that I am unable to create the child tables as a result of Oracle, but more of a
"permissions" issue. This table was meant to be readonly by a large
group of folks. I am in the process of creating a SQL version of this database and dumping only relevant data from the database into my
"replica". Then I will be able to create temp tables off of the data
dump. I just wasn't sure if there was a way to do this in the meantime ( using something like SUBSTR() to extract the value and join based on that? ) Received on Mon Jan 22 2007 - 13:23:32 CST