Re: Failed with snapshot replication frequently

From: Anurag Varma <avoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Jan 2007 11:05:46 -0800

jshen.cad_at_gmail.com wrote:
> hi,
>
> we run three oracle instance on three servers.
>
> Two slave server maitein snapshot of some table on master server.
> We run three jobs on two slave server to sync. table with master db.
> All DB instances are oracle 8.17.
>
> Two weeks ago, we added more tables into snapshot sync. lists.
> But, in the past days we met
> two times of snapshot sync. failure.
>
> when such problem happens, I could exec dbms_job.run(102)
> successfully, but there does exist some data
> failed to be syncronized. With full re-sync, there comes ORA12034
> error.
>
> How could we solve the problem ? Should we add another dbms job ?
>
> regards
>
> Joe

I'm sorry but I could not understand your post fully. oerr ora 12034
12034, 0000, "materialized view log on \"%s\".\"%s\" younger than last refresh"
// *Cause: The materialized view log was younger than the last refresh.
// *Action: A complete refresh is required before the next fast refresh.
//

I'm assuming that you seem to be intermittently having a problem wherein
you get the above error.
Now, the error is fairly self explanatory in what it says. When you create a snapshot of a master table, the snapshot gets registered in the master schema. There are times when the snapshot fails to get registered. And that is one additional reason why you can get this error.

If you have metalink account see Note:204127.1 for the diagnosis / troubleshooting of this issue.

Anurag Received on Mon Jan 22 2007 - 13:05:46 CST