Re: materlized views and decodes

From: John K. Hinsdale <hin_at_alma.com>
Date: 22 Jan 2007 08:09:48 -0800

cptkirkh wrote:
> When designing a MV can someone use a decode with a fast refresh on
> commit?

Absolutely.

For REFERESH FAST ON COMMIT, you will need to do the requisite CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW LOG ON ... commands. For these, you will find that you need NOT necessarily include the columns
on which you are doing the DECODE, if their use in the materialized view is limited to the SELECT clause (even as "input" to DECODE). I suggest trying to create the MV log w/out any WITH PRIMARY KEY(...) clause at all and just see if it works. Let me know if you would like an example.

Hope that helps.
JH Received on Mon Jan 22 2007 - 10:09:48 CST