Re: Rearrange columns

From: MRCarver <mrcnewGroup_at_charter.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:32:02 -0800

I was not LOOKING for a lecture on RDMS design philosophy. I am new to Oracle, but not new to RDMS design. Using SQL Server, Interbase, Paradox, all have simple means to manipulate the order of columns in a table, without having to recreate and mess with permission, etc.

I was simply looking for the equivalent in Oracle. It seems that the Mighty Oracle provides NO facility to rearrange the column order.

There is nothing wrong with keeping all my "plumbing fields" at the bottom of my tables. I simply realized I needed a new field, and did not want it confusing my plumbing tables. I don't own a high dollar CASE tool like Embarcedero's ERStudio, so please forgive me if I do my development in Oracle... Or should I use MS Visio ?

Regards,
Monte Carver Received on Fri Jan 19 2007 - 13:32:02 CST