Re: How to know what sequence a table is using?

From: cyc73 <yachien.chen_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2007 10:31:41 -0800

On Jan 19, 12:28 pm, "EdStevens" <quetico_..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> > CrystalWhy do you need to reset the starting number? If for some test
> purposes or a one-time fix to a production problem (probably INCREASING
> the starting number) I can understand. But from your comments, I'm
> suspecting you're planning on doing this on a regular basis. One thing
> you need to understand about sequences is they only guarentee
> uniqueness and sequence. They do NOT guarentee an unbroken chain of
> numbers. If you think you *need* an unbroken, contiguous chain of
> numbers, then I'd suggest you really think through why you think you
> need it. This is often just assumed with no real world business
> justification.

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your concern. We don't plan to reset sequence to get an unbroken sequence, and we only plan to do this once. I asked this question based on my lack of knowledge of sequence and want to know how it works. After reading through the posting about sequence in google group and the replys for my post, I discuss with my supervisor about it and we decide to reset the starting number to the issue we have. Sorry for the confusion from my last post. ^_^...

Crystal Received on Fri Jan 19 2007 - 12:31:41 CST