Re: Retrieve data from two databases

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2007 06:03:47 -0800

saju..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> This was the error :
>
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
>
> I need oracle syntax...could you help me out ?
> gazzag wrote:
> > sajuars_at_gmail.com wrote:
> > > Here's the query i used ..
> > >
> > > select x.dbo.table.field,y.dbo.table.field from x.dbo.table inner join
> > > y.dbo.table where x.dbo.table.field2=43 and y.dbo.table.field2=43;
> >
> > ... and the error that you received was?
> >
> > Also, that looks like SQL Server syntax to me.

It looks like you're still not showing us the real query. You have a table named 'table'? You have a column named 'field'? And you have too many levels of qualification ..

   given 'x.dbo.table.field' ...,

     'field'  is the name of the column
     'table' is the name of the table
     'dbo' is the name of the owner/schema

If all you want is syntax, you might try the SQL Reference Manual, at http://www.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.docindex?remark=homepage#index-SQL.  This is for 9i, but your 8i hasn't been supported in this milennium. Received on Fri Jan 19 2007 - 08:03:47 CST