32 bit or 64 bit Oracle on 64 bit OS?

From: Shailesh <shailesh.saraff_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2007 00:34:49 -0800

Hello,

Currently our environment is on 10g Release 2, OS windows 2000/2003 standard edition 32 bit. We use shared server to take advantage of scalability and connecting maximum no of simultaneous connections to the database. Now we take advantage of memory beyond 4GB we are planning to check following.

64 bit Windows 2003 standard edition on AMD64/EM64T Servers.

Do we need to install 64 bit Oracle as well?

Do we need to reinstall Oracle clients with 64 bit installable if Oracle Server is upgraded to 64 bit?

Is 32 bit Oracle is certified on 64 bit OS?

Do we need to take care of any other issues?

Kindly share your experiences and help me to get the answers of these questions.

Thanks & Regards,

Shailesh Received on Fri Jan 19 2007 - 02:34:49 CST