Re: Oracle 8.1 on 2000 server

From: bdbafh <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2007 11:16:17 -0800

mmccaws2 wrote:
> Oracle 8.1 is installed as part of my app on Windows 2000 server. Fast
> question is should the app and oracle be stopped when applying patches
> to Windows 2000 server? My concern is that the patching process may
> interupt Oracle services.
>

> Mike

Sometimes I wish that I could just sit back on 8.1.7.4.x on w2k and not have to deal with issues like negative elapsed values for wait events on x86-64 capable processors on w2k3 r2 and ora-7445s on updates against instead of triggers on 10.2 that necessitate setting optimizer_features_enable=10.1.0 as a work-around.

Oh yeah, and issues with cursor_sharing != 'exact' when upgrading to 10.2. I wouldn't want to forget that.

But where is the fun in avoiding all that?

I've always stopped the oracle services prior to applying OS hotfixes and Oracle patchsets, patches (to that home).

-bdbafh

"its fixed in 11.1.0" Received on Thu Jan 18 2007 - 13:16:17 CST