Drop of partition with update global indexes, now system is unsuable

From: <james.gabe_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2007 08:52:31 -0800

We normaly have the users log out of the app hitting this DB when we do partition maintenence but last night we let them stay in while doing a drop partition update global indexes. All SQL AREA in library cache is invalid. We have restarted the db to relaod all SQL but it loads right back at invalid. Users can connect but the system is just crawling and everyone gets timouts. The SQL AREA should only go invalid, from what I have read, "For example, if the optimizer statistics for a table were recomputed, then all SQL statements currently in the library cache at the time the recompute occurred would be invalidated, because their execution plans may no longer be optimal."

Has anyone run into this issue before?

--Jaga Received on Thu Jan 18 2007 - 10:52:31 CST