Re: Oracle Announces Upgrade to Oracle(r) SQL Developer

From: Preston <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid>
Date: 18 Jan 2007 16:30:02 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:

> Preston wrote:
>
> > I have asked Daniel in the past to stop replying to spammers & he
> > hasn't taken any notice.
>
> Your request wasn't ignored: I am very aware of how the group feels
> and respond accordingly. Right now the overwhelming majority of
> emails I receive are in favor of discouraging people from using any
> group other than marketplace for advertising and promotion.
>
> The usenet belongs to the community. If everyone would like to get
> rid of c.d.o.marketplace and allow advertising in these groups that
> would be fine with me. Perhaps you should propose doing so and see
> what response you get.

You seem to have completely misunderstood my post. I'm not saying commercial posts should be allowed in c.d.o.s, I'm saying I wish you'd stop replying to them through the group as it just adds to the noise, & propogates threads that wouldn't otherwise appear on some feeds.

If you want to ask the spammers to only post to marketplace, then do so by email - that's all I'm asking.

--
Preston.