Re: ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred

From: <bartona_at_ohsu.edu>
Date: 18 Jan 2007 07:59:12 -0800

What an interesting and smart thought! You are right: when I use sqlplus with the a/b_at_c syntax, I have the same problem: it just hangs there until it quits with a timeout message. And thanks to your suggestion I found the problem: I changed the tnsnames.ora file: I changed HOST=xxx into HOST=localhost. And it works perfectly!!!! Thank you for your help!

Anke