ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

From: <adam_at_areasix.co.uk>
Date: 18 Jan 2007 05:45:04 -0800

I am recieving this error that has everybody in the company stumped! The error is an 'ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded' error. I have looked around on the internet and not found any answers.

Basically, all I'm doing is using a VB.NET application to connect to an oracle database and run a query from a table I have created - Simply SELECT * FROM UPDATEQUEUE WHERE UQ_UPDATED='0' When I look in the console manager, it looks like there are 300 cursors open - but this is the only query I am running.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Received on Thu Jan 18 2007 - 07:45:04 CST