Re: Advantages of Oracle on Windows over Unix

From: <hasta_l3_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Jan 2007 22:14:32 -0800

Charles Hooper a écrit :

> * Use of threads rather than processes

On this issue... As I recall, I was slightly puzzled when my tests of BULK COLLECT (under Windows) didnt show the kind of improvement documented in the litterature.

>From (often bad :-) memory, I observed a factor 2
instead of the 5-10 factor that I expected.

Perhaps the documented tests were performed under unix, and the pl/sql to sql switch is slower on this platform ?

Alas, I dont have a unix box available to check :-(