Re: Understanding Rollback Segment Sizes

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:43:27 -0800

steven_nospam at Yahoo! Canada wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have what I think is probably a very basic question. I'm having a bit
> of a problem understanding how to size my rollback segments, if I have
> reserved too much or too little space, and whether I have enough of
> them.
>
> I am setting up a new Oracle 9.2.0 database

You can stop right there. If you are in 9i rollback segments are the wrong answer for almost any question that might be asked.

Go to tahiti.oracle.com and look up UNDO, UNDO TABLESPACES, and related topics. The only rollback segment worth keeping is named SYSTEM.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington