Re: advantages of unix for Oracle

From: PdV <piet.de.visser_at_logicacmg.com>
Date: 17 Jan 2007 07:47:21 -0800

Steve, Sybrand, Others,

Agree with the bag of rpms, but that is manageable.

Disagree with the blaming: Ability to put the blame is nice if you can sit back, say "SEP", and go home.

But in a critical on-line environment, the act of blaming doesnt fix the problem.
(it just means more account managers get involved, stiffling the process).

And in such cases, the advantages of Linux are:

This can lead to more room for experimenting and faster problem resolution on Linux based systems compared to Big-Vendors.

Just my topppence.

Regards,

PdV