Re: basic internal process

From: Steve Robin <ocmaman_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2007 21:22:52 -0800

gazzag wrote:
> Steve Robin wrote:
> > > hi all,
> > >
> > > I know it is very basic question and sound very stupid to ask from
> > > Senior DBAs like you but I still ask.
> > >
> > > Which is internal process is responsible to send signal to DBWR to
> > > write data to datafile. And which process checks, whether any process
> > > is working or not. Is it same process, which writes data datafile to
> > > Data buffer ( Server Process ) or DBWR_IO_SLAVES play any role in it.
> > as well as which process is responsible to write error in alert file,
> > and if you know any link on any site please tell me so that I will not
> > ask these kind of basic questions in future.
>
> http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/toc.htm
>
> HTH
>
> -g

Thanks for this link, I read abt oracle 9i concept but I didn't find answer for

which process checks, whether any process is working or not.

I read that checkpointer is responsible to tell DBWR to write changes. But if checkpoint gets corrupted ( kill it manually with kill command or anyhow ) how will instance come to know abt it. What I know is checkpointing depends on parameters ( FAST_START_MTTR........... ).
Will checkpointer revert back to instance that checkpointing is completed in a particular time.

I thank you to tell me this link. I read it, and hope it will solve my many doubts as well as it helps me to understand 10g. So Thanks again. Received on Tue Jan 16 2007 - 23:22:52 CST