Re: happy patch day to everyone

From: bdbafh <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2007 13:54:10 -0800

On Jan 16, 4:22 pm, "hpuxrac" <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:
> > After moving our systems up to 9208 last fall I actually was able to
> > skip the last CPU patchset.
>
> > Not the case this time.
>
> > >From the vague information oracle is giving out there's a bunch of
> > exploitable "no username/password" required vulnerabilities that are
> > included so think twice or three times about skipping this one that's
> > out today.
>
> > Of course the XE people don't have much choice.Well the initial information is now available as doc id 403335.1
>
> After doing a bunch of looking around it looks to me as if "while they
> know they have to patch" a bunch of stuff, not many of the patches for
> most of the operating systems are actually available now.
>
> Windows seems to be mostly it for "released patches" right now at least
> on the database side.
>
> So oracle has "met the schedule" by announcing the Jan 2007 CPU
> information but it doesn't actually have much yet for people to put
> onto their systems ...
>
> No worries though when the patches do actually come out for each
> relevant os they will go in so smoothly don't ya think?

... the second mouse gets the cheese.

The test servers will be busy this evening. The good news as far as the database server software goes, is that the reports of a large number of unauthorized remote vulnerabilities are apparently overblown.

Might even be able to watch the UConn vs. Pitt Big East basketball game this evening.

-bdbafh Received on Tue Jan 16 2007 - 15:54:10 CST