Re: Materialized Views

From: Benny <benny.derous_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2007 07:15:34 -0800

Jason,

creating a MV is actually in background creating a table. You create 2 objects : a table and a MV. They are one and the same, the MV is just a definition on the table.
I would just drop the MV (table is dropped automatically unless it was a MV on a prebuilt table). Then just recreate the MV (table is created automatically). Then you can add indexes. And after a while, you should be able to do a fast refresh. Benny