Re: incremental import/export

From: Anurag Varma <avoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2007 13:16:53 -0800

hpuxrac wrote:
> ehilah wrote:
> > Is incremental import/export supported on oracle 10g ?
> > I found no ref in documentation but if I launch exp help=y i can see
> > inctype parameter. I don't want to use it but a customer asked me about
> > that function.
> > I remember that it worked only with full export, is it correct ? and I
> > remember that for importing you have to import first the full import and
> > then the incremental database, is it correct ?
> > I remember even that you can import instead only a table for the
> > incremental export because for any table modified in the incremental you
> > find drop and recreate istruction and then all the data. Is all this
> > correct ?
> > thanks in advance
> > Pier Paolo
>
> It should still be viable in 10g. Although oracle is promoting and for
> good reason usage of the datapump import and export all the "good old"
> functionality import and export provided will still be around for a
> long time.
>
> It's been a real long time since I used the incremental stuff but yes
> as you noted it works in conjunction with the full parameter. The
> posssible values that INCTYPE can have are COMPLETE CUMULATIVE and
> INCREMENTAL.
Incremental export is no longer supported as of Oracle 9.0.1 (obsolete).

See metalink note: 178968.1

and see the following error which is produced if you still insist on using the INCTYPE
parameter:
oerr exp 41
00041, 00000, "INCTYPE parameter is obsolete" // *Cause: Export encountered the INCTYPE parameter when parsing Export

//          options.  Incremental Exports are no longer supported.
// *Action: Consult the Oracle Backup and Recovery guide.
//          Export will attempt to continue.

Anurag Received on Mon Jan 15 2007 - 15:16:53 CST