E_FAIL(0x80004005)

From: QDL <qdl_at_qdl.qdl>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:40:24 +0100

Hello everyone,

i have a windows service written in dotnet that sometimes gives this error E_FAIL(0x80004005) Unspecified error.

This error is intermittent and the only way to stop this error is to stop the service and restart...

The weird thing is that I do not open the connection at the beginning of the service run but each routine which uses Oracle opens and closes the connection, so the fact that closing the service stops the error is very strange!

I use OleDb provider OraOLEDB.Oracle.1, the oracle client is version 8 but the server is Oracle 10... Can this be the problem?

Thanx in advance
Paolo Received on Mon Jan 15 2007 - 03:40:24 CST