Re: materlized views from complex queries and refresh

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 18:44:16 -0800

cptkirkh wrote:

> MY best would be most efficnet with the most current data.  We are
> running 10g
> DA Morgan wrote:

>> cptkirkh wrote:
>>> What is the best way to refresh a MV that is based upon a complex SQL
>>> query that joins three tables?  I would prefer fast refresh on commit.
>>> Thanks for your help.

>> Define "best" and include your version.
>> --
>> Daniel A. Morgan
>> University of Washington
>> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>> (replace x with u to respond)
>> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
>> www.psoug.org
  1. Please don't top post. This isn't email. Scroll to the bottom to reply.
  2. Your definition of best has no meaning. If there was a single "best" solution Oracle wouldn't have bothered to implement Materialized Views, or any other technology, with multiple choices. Is there someone senior in your organization that can help you understand the issues?

With respect to version, 10g means what: 10.1.0.3 or 10.2.0.2 or other? You need to be specific.

Start here:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_6002.htm#SQLRF01302