Re: I've now, officially, seen it all...

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 23:42:14 GMT

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:38:17 -0800, Mark D Powell wrote:

> You would think that the "read only" status for a database would be
> recorded in an X$ storage location and that querying it would be both
> more efficient and more clean as to the purpose of the statement. In
> fact I would think that v$database.open_mode would be usuable to
> indicate this though I do not have a system available for testing.

How many of the X$ (and V$ and DBA_) views are available to the general user,and in particular to the general application?

Seems to me this might be a fairly generic application trick to permit testing something without getting the DBA to make 'oh really, you want acces to what?' types of permissions.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!