Re: Oracle db very slow | where to look

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 12 Jan 2007 11:27:36 -0800

Anoop wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I couldnt find pertinent info about this through google....
>
> We had a database running on Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.8.0 - 64bit.
> Recently something went wrong and we had an external dba come in and
> look at it. He said that it is unrecoverable, & he restored it from a
> backup and left.
>
> But now our application runs very very slow when connected to this db.
> I am still a newbie at this - so can you please point me where to start
> looking to find the root cause of the performance problem. (logs /
> parameters etc..). We do not have much data - we have about 50 tables
> and each table has about 2000 rows.
>
> I am thinking that the dba turned on some tracing or something to debug
> our db problems and forgot to turn them off before giving it back to
> us.
>
> Thanks,
> Anoop

Wow, lots of places to look. My first thought is you should consider getting a real consultant in and get it fixed.

Other thing I'd look at with sqlplus if grid not setup. select * from v$sysstat where value !=0 and rownum <=50 order by value desc;
select * from v$session_wait;
select * from v$session_wait_history;

See where your waits are. Received on Fri Jan 12 2007 - 13:27:36 CST