Re: PRO*C compile with librarires

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 12 Jan 2007 08:53:00 -0800

Scott wrote:
> [...]
> >> assuming I had my ORACLE_HOME var set, but apparently not. I am using
> >> HPUX
> >> 11.11 with oracle 10.2.0.2
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Scott
> >
> > Are you working with your pro c developers on this one?
> >
> > Do a file command and a chatr on the executable and send us the output.
> >
> > What does the shell script that you used to compile and link the
> > executable look like?
> >
> > You should be able to relink the executable or re-compile it. What
> > standards are in place in your organization for setting up the
> > environment for pro c usage?
> >

> This is the first time I heard of any application using pro c, so I am not
> aware of any standards around it.
>
> hp172[none](oracle): > ldd PPc1
> /usr/lib/libc.2 => /usr/lib/libc.2
> /usr/lib/libdld.2 => /usr/lib/libdld.2
> /usr/lib/libc.2 => /usr/lib/libc.2
> /pkg1/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib32/libclntsh.sl.10.1 =>
> /pkg1/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib32/libclntsh.sl.10.1
> /usr/lib/libcl.2 => /usr/lib/libcl.2
> /usr/lib/libisamstub.1 => /usr/lib/libisamstub.1
> /usr/lib/libdld.2 => /usr/lib/libdld.2
> /usr/lib/libc.2 => /usr/lib/libc.2
> /usr/lib/libm.2 => /usr/lib/libm.2
> /usr/lib/libdld.2 => /usr/lib/libdld.2
> /usr/lib/libnss_dns.1 => /usr/lib/libnss_dns.1
> /usr/lib/libdld.2 => /usr/lib/libdld.2
> /usr/lib/libpthread.1 => /usr/lib/libpthread.1
> /usr/lib/librt.2 => /usr/lib/librt.2
> /pkg1/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib32/libnnz10.sl =>
> /pkg1/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib32/libnnz10.sl
>
> hp172[none](oracle): > file PPc1
> PPc1: PA-RISC2.0 shared executable dynamically linked -not stripped
>
> hp172[none](oracle): > chatr PPc1
> PPc1:
> shared executable
> shared library dynamic path search:
> SHLIB_PATH disabled second
> embedded path disabled first Not Defined
> shared library list:
> dynamic /pkg1/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib32/libclntsh.sl.10.1
> dynamic /usr/lib/libc.2
> shared library binding:
> deferred
> global hash table disabled
> plabel caching disabled
> global hash array size:1103
> global hash array nbuckets:3
> shared vtable support disabled
> explicit unloading enabled
> static branch prediction disabled
> executable from stack: D (default)
> kernel assisted branch prediction enabled
> lazy swap allocation disabled
> text segment locking disabled
> data segment locking disabled
> third quadrant private data space disabled
> fourth quadrant private data space disabled
> third quadrant global data space disabled
> data page size: D (default)
> instruction page size: D (default)
> nulptr references disabled
> shared library private mapping disabled
> shared library text merging disabled
>
> If you have any comments/links about what should be in
> a standards document that would be helpful.

If your organization is developing and supporting pro c applications then you need some kind of standards. How to compile, options to use, how to link, options to use, how to migrate these applications from various environments, etc.

It's the basic programmers and system administrator concerns here.

> I have alot of reading to do this weekend.

All the relevant clues are in the output that you just sent from ldd and chatr.

It's a busy day today otherwise I would elaborate a little more.

> thanks

There's got to be some sites around hosting pro c information for oracle that include most of the stuff you need to figure out. We don't use any of it here it's been a bunch of years ( since my Andersen Consulting gig ended ) that I was an oracle dba at a place with much usage of it.

Who did the developing for this application? What do they know? You might want to start with that and get some background from them. Received on Fri Jan 12 2007 - 10:53:00 CST