Re: Memory Usage in Oracle

From: dawaves <dawaves_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Jan 2007 08:15:44 -0800

Ok I think I know why Oracle wants more and more RAM. Upon Oracle's recommendation, we set certain parameters within the /etc/security/limits file. One of those parameters is for memory w/ the "unlimited" parameter.

Does anyone else have this set? (ulimit -a)

Also if Oracle does use more and more RAM, won't it eventually consume all available RAM, thus causing the system to page when it reaches that threshold?

I'm I worrying too much?

Thanks!