Re: Is it possible to know the reason for invalid function

From: Raghav <sharma.raghvendra_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Jan 2007 05:02:20 -0800

On Jan 12, 12:06 pm, "sybrandb" <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 12, 11:21 am, "Raghav" <sharma.raghven..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear,
>
> > Well, I am familiar with the concept. But these two schemas (living in
> > the same database) do not talk to each other in any way.
> > there are no public synonyms in the system (by policy) and there are no
> > cross references. As I suggested, these two are two diff environments
> > for same applications (dev and test), they just don't talk to each
> > other.
>
> > I hope I have added to the clarity of the situation.
>
> > regards
> > raghav..Apparently your assertion is incorrect. They *are* intertwined,
> otherwise you wouldn't have run into problems.
> Could you also please explain why you ignored David's request to stop
> top-posting?
> Aren't you aware this forum loathes top-posting?
> If so why do you insist on top-posting?
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Dear Sybrand,

I replied about the top posting thing, I just did not know the thing. Sorry. :(

As for the assertion about the two schemas talking/or not talking to each other. I guess I would take your advice and Re-Re-check the connectivity.
The problem for me is, by design, they just should not talk to each other at all...

this was the reason, I was trying to ask the question the way I put it.

DB1 has two schemas Test and DEV. These two schemas talk to two diff databases Warehouse1 and warehouse2 using db links.

Could you/or others give me a hint as to where can I start.

regards
raghav.. Received on Fri Jan 12 2007 - 07:02:20 CST