rman deleting archivelog DIRECTORY!

From: Volker Hetzer <firstname.lastname_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:56:53 +0100

Hi!
On my 10.2.0.3 linux db (with ASM) I've got a very strange behavior. when I use rman and "backup archivelog delete all input", rman deletes the directory too!
It doesn't do that on our 10.2.0.1 database and didn't do it in 9i.
The consequence is that shortly after the backup the archiver complains, the online logs fill up and the database stops. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Lots of Greetings!
Volker

--
For email replies, please substitute the obvious.