Re: Compress database

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2007 03:11:36 -0800

On Jan 11, 10:10 am, "oracle dba" <aoracle..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> will it ok if I compress database files like datafiles, controlfiles
> and redo log files with ntfs compress utility.
> I mean will it not corrupt the database or it is ok.

Theoretically you could locate datafiles on a compressed disk, but you will probably perceive a performance hit. As disk is cheap nowadays, you will probably create more problems than you are trying to resolve. Also : what are you trying to resolve? Lack of disk space?
Then go to the shop around the corner and buy disks.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA