Problems with DBMS_METADATA

From: sati_82 <krys_tek_at_interia.pl>
Date: 11 Jan 2007 01:08:44 -0800

Hi,

I have a problem with DBMS_METADATA packet.

I try to move database schema from one database to another. For moving table definitions (DDL) I log in source schema and use the query below for each table:

SELECT DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('TABLE','table_name','table_user') FROM DUAL For the majority of tables everything is ok., but some of them throw an error:
ORA-31603: object "table_name" of type TABLE not found in schema
"table_user"

ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SYS_ERROR", line 105
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_METADATA", line 628
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_METADATA", line 1221
ORA-06512: at line 1

It's very strange, because I'm sure that this table exists in schema
"table_user". To ensure I run the query: SELECT * FROM user_tables
WHERE table_name = 'table_name' and this query returns me 1 proper row.

Could you please analize the problem and suggest the solution? Thanks and regards,
Krystian Received on Thu Jan 11 2007 - 03:08:44 CST