Tablespace Question: Number Datafiles VS. Size of Datafiles

From: Jakob <jayjayjay_at_gmx.de>
Date: 10 Jan 2007 22:51:01 -0800

Hello,

i have a simple question about Tablespace Design in a OLTP environment:

We have some large Tablespaces, about 30GB, and we use ASM.

Is it better to have 2x15GB Datafiles or 6x 5GB Datafiles for such a Tablespace?

What would be the point? Any Information about this?

thanks&greets

jay Received on Thu Jan 11 2007 - 00:51:01 CST