Re: Newbie RMAN question: recovery catalogue

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2007 17:06:58 -0800

Niall Litchfield wrote:
> EscVector wrote:
> > Niall Litchfield wrote:
> >> That was my position as well. However since moving our rman repository
> >> to 10.2 I'm finding that the status of the 10.2 backups in the recovery
> >> catalog views is incorrect. Specifically
> >>
> >> select db_name,operation,status
> >> from rc_rman_status
> >> where start_time > sysdate -1
> >> and operation = 'BACKUP'
> >> order by 1,start_time desc;
> >>
> >> doesn't return the correct status for earlier release databases.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Niall Litchfield
> >> Oracle DBA
> >> http://www.orawin.info/services
> >
> >> doesn't return the correct status for earlier release databases.
> >
> > Do you know if this applies to the controlfile backup views or just the
> > catalog?
> >
> The controlfile views were correct IIRC, but then I'd have to connect to
> each database to see them. I'm after one report for backup activity last
> night for all our databases so if anyone has any bright suggestions feel
> free.

unix shell fans would generally find it simple to loop through all hosts and db's driving a hereis script for the desired info from sqlplus, then paste them all together.

My bright suggestion if you are on Windows would be either get a shell that supports such things, or use whatever your favorite tools are that can do that. Though I'm wondering why you can't just hardcode connects into a sql script - remote security settings? Maybe run a batch on each node and mail the results to an aggregator? How much detail do you want and how many databases do you have?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"...my son is usually good with computers..."