Re: Oracle 9i | login.sql does not run on login by default

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2007 16:26:51 -0800

fitzjarrell_at_cox.net wrote:
> Anoop wrote:
> > You say at least on 10.2!
> >
> > Does anybody know if it is available on 9.2. I think the biggest
> > benefit for me (if glogin is available) is that it will check when I
> > reconnect and change teh sqlprompt appropriately... login.sql does not.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Anoop
> >
> > On Jan 10, 1:18 pm, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfi..._at_dial.pipex.com>
> > wrote:

> > > least on 10.2. In addition option 3 isn't searched, at least in 10.2. I
> > > don't know if this a change from previous releases - I'd be surprised.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Niall Litchfield
> > > Oracle DBAhttp://www.orawin.info/services

> Please do not top post.
>

> The login.sql script, as well as the glogin.sql script, execute when
> sqlplus is called from the command line; 'connect user/pass' does not
> cause either one to be run.

From
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14357/ch12040.htm#sthref2899 :

"Variable substitution occurs each time SQLPROMPT is SET. If SQLPROMPT is included in glogin.sql, then substitution variables in SQLPROMPT are refreshed with each login or connect."

This is a change from previous releases. And about time. For 9i, one can write a little script to replace connect, if one can be scrupulous about using it instead of connect, like
http://www.oracledba.co.uk/tips/sqlplus_prompt.htm

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Steve can make the internal combustion engine appear to be something