PRO*C compile with librarires

From: Scott <nospam_at_nomail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:58:15 -0500

Hello All,

I know next to nothing about pro*c so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, I am not even sure what to search for so I will try and explain it in my own words.

A pro*c application was compiled such that it uses oracle libraries found under a given path. Now when they move that app binary to another server with an oracle client install it does not run because the oracle client is installed in a differnet location. Does that mean that the proc app was compiled statically such that the libs are hard coded into the binary? How do you get around this sort of thing short of having all installation use the same path. I was hoping that it would use some type of relative path assuming I had my ORACLE_HOME var set, but apparently not. I am using HPUX 11.11 with oracle 10.2.0.2

Thanks
Scott Received on Wed Jan 10 2007 - 12:58:15 CST