Re: Oracle 9i | login.sql does not run on login by default

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:45:17 GMT

mailto_at_bmlam.de wrote:
> In my experience, under Unix, Oracle looks for login.sql in your
> current directory. If none is found, it looks for login.sql in $SQLPATH
>
> hth
>
> Bon-Minh Lam

The order for finding the login.sql script is:

  1. Your current directory
  2. The directories listed (in order) in your SQLPATH environment variable
  3. The ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin directory

Finally, the contents of the ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin/glogin.sql script   are executed.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net